If your organisation sells tickets to events throughout the year, whether it is a theatre, concert Hall, sporting association or school or college, no longer do you need to use the services of ticketing system a centralised event booking organisation which sells tickets on behalf of many different organisations and venues.
There are now many different options for selling your tickets either online or simply through your own box office, and not only can there be a number of distinct advantages to your organisation in setting up your own ticket sales software system, but the cost of using such systems can often be considerably less than using the services of a centralised event booking organisation.
Let’s take a look at some of the advantages in setting up your own online event ticketing system
- If patrons are visiting your website to investigate your events, you will not be sending them off to a completely different website, where they will be offered many extra options for purchasing tickets to various events, so may change their mind and purchase tickets to a different event.
- You have full control over your customer database which you can use to maintain better relationships with your customers such as sending them emails on upcoming events, offering special promotions etc.
- You generally have the option of receiving the ticket revenue immediately into your own bank account, rather only receiving this on perhaps a monthly basis.
- Many systems will allow you to sell tickets from anywhere in the world where you have an Internet co nnection, sell tickets through designated distributors and of course directly through your own box office.
- You will have access to the most detailed reports on all the ticket sales, which you can use to analyse trends for marketing purposes and check up-to-the-minute sales data.
- You can offer last-minute sales right up to the date and time of the event – which is normally not possible with centralised ticket selling organizations.
- If you are posting out tickets, you can also include additional promotional material for forthcoming concerts etc.
- You can offer season subscriptions – generally not possible with centralised event booking systems.
Depending on the ticketing system you use, you’ll generally find also that by setting up your own event ticketing system, you will be able to make savings on the cost of processing tickets to your events. Vendors of ticketing systems have a wide range of different pricing options, such as per ticket fees, either on a percentage basis or a fixed dollar amount per ticket, monthly service charges, or in some cases you can purchase the software outright. You will need to analyse carefully which system is best in your particular circumstances, taking into consideration the number of events held per year, the number of tickets that you expect to sell per year, the service charges if applicable for processing credit cards, and any other obscure or hidden service charges.
Note also that some vendors may advertise that the system is completely free whereas in fact a service charge may be added to each ticket purchased, and this is deducted from the ticket income that is received by your organization. In some cases there may also be initial setup fees for designing a seating chart for setting up the system. And in other cases there may be annual or monthly service charges.
If you are considering changing to your own event ticketing system or purchasing online ticket software, perhaps one of the best places to start is to type Capterra into your Web browser where you will be able to locate a wide range of vendors of specific ticketing software.